Truetone CS12 help/Power supply help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Blu bro, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Blu bro

Blu bro

Mar 1, 2012
    Aus
    So... I am wanting to get a Truetone CS12. I have read that as long as you do not use more "ma" than the total amount combined for the power supply you will not run into issues.

Is this true? Does anyone have any real world experience with doing something similar to what I am planning on running?

Below is a table with each output, the pedals I am planning on running off of that output and the total amount on "ma" draw per output. and across the bottom are the totals.

Before I buy one I would like some insight into weather I have this correct in my head. or weather I should just save up for a Strymon Zuma.

Thanks in advance

upload_2017-4-28_8-34-0.png

2. DirtyDuke

DirtyDuke Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 13, 2012
    guelph ontario
    Partner Southampton Pedals, Partner CCP
    I have 4. Two CS7's and two Cs12's. I'll have a cioks and PP2's. The CS's are just as good. I have not had a single issue. I love them

Blu bro likes this.
  3. Blu bro

Blu bro

Mar 1, 2012
    Aus
    do you "overload" any of the outputs without any issue? (I mean do you use more than what the specified output says and it still happily power your pedals?)

4. DirtyDuke

DirtyDuke Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 13, 2012
    guelph ontario
    Partner Southampton Pedals, Partner CCP
    Yep. I did and do overload a few without issue

Blu bro likes this.
  5. Blu bro

Blu bro

Mar 1, 2012
    Aus
    nice.. I think that has confirmed a purchase for me :)

thanks @DirtyDuke

DirtyDuke likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021