1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Trunk Bass - Rig?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SamHD, May 23, 2005.

1. SamHD

SamHD

Nov 22, 2004
    I'm thinking about getting a cheap bass to keep in the trunk of my car and play it (more like practice) at a nearby park during my lunch hour. My "real" bass is a MM Stingray-4, but of course.... that one won't be sitting in a hot trunk anytime soon.

I just saw a "Dillion VMB400" bass which resembles my stingray a lot (which is good because it will feel very similar to my bass) at a local used music store, so I was thinking about getting that as my trunk beater bass.

Anyway, is there such thing as a portable amp (tiny one) that maybe plugs into a cigarette lighter?

Also, this Dillion bass has a finished Maple Neck. Do you guys think that will resist 100 degree trunk temps in the summer?

2. pointbass

pointbass Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    I don't think any bass can take sitting in the heat of a trunk without going a little whacko ..... but if you're looking for cheap stuff to take a shot at it, Rondo just dropped several of the SX basses into the $90 range :eek:

3. Andre_gt7

Andre_gt7

Jan 4, 2005
    Atlanta - GA
    im willing to bet that ur trunk will go way over 100 degrees in the summer