Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trunk Bass - Rig?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SamHD, May 23, 2005.

1. SamHD

SamHD

Nov 22, 2004
    I'm thinking about getting a cheap bass to keep in the trunk of my car and play it (more like practice) at a nearby park during my lunch hour. My "real" bass is a MM Stingray-4, but of course.... that one won't be sitting in a hot trunk anytime soon.

I just saw a "Dillion VMB400" bass which resembles my stingray a lot (which is good because it will feel very similar to my bass) at a local used music store, so I was thinking about getting that as my trunk beater bass.

Anyway, is there such thing as a portable amp (tiny one) that maybe plugs into a cigarette lighter?

Also, this Dillion bass has a finished Maple Neck. Do you guys think that will resist 100 degree trunk temps in the summer?

2. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    I don't think any bass can take sitting in the heat of a trunk without going a little whacko ..... but if you're looking for cheap stuff to take a shot at it, Rondo just dropped several of the SX basses into the $90 range :eek:

3. Andre_gt7

Andre_gt7

Jan 4, 2005
    Atlanta - GA
    im willing to bet that ur trunk will go way over 100 degrees in the summer