1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Truss adjusting tool for old Fenders

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by play4zero, Feb 26, 2008.

1. play4zero

play4zero

Dec 29, 2005
    Edorsing Artist: Eden
    Sick of either tearing up your pick guard, or taking your neck off time after time while you adjust the neck on the old style Fenders and re-issues? I've found a very simple solution.

Adjustingtool001.

This is a paint can opener, and it works just like an Allen wrench does for adjusting my Lakland. No taking the strings off, or gouging the pickguard. Just slip it down and forward until it hooks in the slot and away you go. Did 3 iterations on my Jazz bass last night in less than 15 minutes, including setting the intonation.

2. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    very cool...and it doubles as a bottle opener. 2 thumbs up

3. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amps, Lakland Basses
    Thanks for the heads up... and I got a few of those around the garage!!!

4. OOOOOOooooooooo....now that is pure genius. What an elegant solution!

5. Vinny D

Vinny D

Jan 9, 2007
    Warwick, RI
    Where can I get one??!!! I need it for my Valenti bass!

6. play4zero

play4zero

Dec 29, 2005
    Any paint store, Lowes, Home Depot, anywhere they sell paint.

7. ErnieD

ErnieD

Nov 25, 2004
    Atascocita,TX.
    but too late for me, I just ordered a Bass Setup Kit from www.Cruztools.com it cost about 70 bucks but I hope it will pay for itself after about 2 home setups. I know I prolly coulda got the individual items cheaper but I did not really know what all I needed, it comes with a few allen wrenches, a ruler(?) or whatever to measure the string height, a capo, flashlite and other items that I saw were used in the Setup sticky here. So again the kit looked complete with items I dont own to do setups and I want to start doing my own setups.

Dan from Cruztools emailed back and said he visits TB alot and for me to let them know if I liked the kit or not as they are looking for retailers to carry them for bass and g**tars. If you Google cruztools you'll mostly get motorcycle stores that carry tool kits for bikes, RV's and stuff, so I orderd directly from their site but I had to call cause they dont offer online ordering for these kits yet. Anyway, sounds like a good company trying to expand into the music forum, always a plus. I hope the kit is helpful and that I can make use of it or I just paid about 70 bucks for a small flashlite, LOL. :D

8. play4zero

play4zero

Dec 29, 2005
    Hopefully the company who makes these doesn't find out how useful they are for adjusting the necks on these basses, or they'll start selling them for $6.95

9. play4zero

play4zero

Dec 29, 2005
    If you have an old Fender, you still may need one of these,because a standard allen wrench wouldn't work here. The standard technique has been to either pop the neck off and try and guess how far to turn, or booger up your pickguard with a screwdriver. This slips right down in and once it fits in the slot works slick.