1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

truss rod adjustment?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by schecter5string, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Last night I noticed some dead notes on my bass, I have never heard this before last night. The notes are G string D(7), and D string the A(7) and the G(5). After sleeping on it I think it may have to do with the fact that I lowered the action as low as it would go last week.

So now I'm thinking a small truss rod adjustment may be needed
    as a side note, last night I raised the action on the A string(and just the A) but the dead note was still there.

OK this is weird, I just checked the bass to make sure I was giving all the info on the dead notes and they are gone.:eyebrow:

I do have slight fret buzz on the D and A stings around the 12th fret.

I also have the windows open because the weather is nice, could it just be the neck reacting to the open windows?

2. Rocks

Rocks

Mar 9, 2009
    Willoughby, Ohio
    What is the humidity like where you live? I asked in another thread but never got an answer about humidity and truss rod adjustments. I was curious as to what to expect when the humidity gets higher. Does high humidity cause the truss rod to need tightened or loosened? I'd really like to know as I moved to an area with high humidity in the summers.

3. I live in central Illinois, the humidity right now is low, temps in the 70's and 80's, but in the middle of summer humidity get really high.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021