1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Truss rod nut won't come off!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Know1, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Know1

Know1

Jun 17, 2008
    Southeast PA
    I have a newer Fender Jazz 5-string with a very bowed neck (forward), even with the truss rod tightened all the way. I'm going to try adding washers, as I've read here.

Unfortunately, I can't get the nut off no matter how I try. I've loosened it all the way, there's no resistance and it rattles around, but it won't come out. I tried prying it out with the allen key and I even removed some material from around the hole!

The threads seem fine, I can tighten it back. And the nut isn't stripped on the inside. What am I missing?

Thanks!

2. Does it have a dual flex truss rod? I thought I read somewhere that the newer Fenders did... or maybe that was just the American series. Dunno.

3. Know1

Know1

Jun 17, 2008
    Southeast PA
    It's a standard truss rod as far as I know.

Does anyone know where I might find a drawing or schematic of a truss rod system for this bass?