1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Truss rod on Jay Turser (guitar)

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by GlennW, Sep 12, 2008.

1. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    Please excuse the guitarness. The other day I was messing around with the TR on a Jay Turser guitar.

I could get the whole thing (I think) to slide in and out of the TR channel. I could hear it tapping at the heel end while moving it back and forth.

I put it back and tightened it, seems to be working ok, but the design has made me curious.

2. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    Thanks, I'll ask them.

3. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    The tech said something like the end is in a little pocket, so it was probably just some slop in the fit...the pocket being bigger than whatever it hold. It works fine, I guess it just needed to be turned more.

4. XylemBassGuitar

XylemBassGuitar Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 14, 2008
    Durango, CO
    Owner and Operator, Xylem Handmade Basses and Guitars
    Some instruments are designed so that you can "rescue" or remove the truss rod with very little effort.

I'm not sure if this case is an example of that design or just a loose fit, but it is a possbility.

Like Pilgrim says, call the manufacturer to find out for sure.