truss rod placement

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Shomy, Jan 5, 2005.

1. i want to make my own bass with my two hands (and some tools). Bassicaly, i have it all coverd except how am i supposed to integrate trussrod in the neck. I don't have money for books ( in my country they are far too expensive) so any tip or article that you can share with me will be of great help. Thanks guys!
  2. Shomy, have you seen the Musical Instrument Makers Forum yet? TB's "Luthier" forum is a nice stop but it's just a small part of the larger site. The MIMF is dedicated to instrument construction and most of it is guitar related. IMO, this is one of the the single most important resources available on the web. Aside from the discussions where tons of info can be had, the archives of topical discussions and photos of member's instruments is absolutely invaluable. I'm not steering folks away from here. I want you to come back and chew the fat with us pronto but for sheer volumes of usable info, the MIMF is where it's at.
  3. thanx a lot. Of course i'll be back here in a jiffy, cause i'm a bass player at first place and then everything else :)
  4. tjclem

tjclem Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Owner and builder Clementbass
    Be caeful asking questions over there you could get your head bit off :bag: ....t
  5. i am not posting till i have something smart to say
    it was a whole month before i started postin on TB
  6. Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden

RRROARR ????

:rollno: :rollno: ;)