1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TRUSSART MYSTERY BASS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Frank Cihelka, Nov 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Frank Cihelka

Frank Cihelka

Nov 8, 2018
    In the local ads, there's a guy selling this instrument and I'm quite curious. Has anyone seen another one like this, tried it, bought, own,... Anything you can chip in would be much appreciated.

The sellers is "difficult", the only things I did manage to get is the following:

- James Trussart Guitar Station
    - Built in 1984
    - Made in France
    - Emerald green translucent finish (one of a kind)
    - Ash body, Canadian hard rock maple neck
    - Bartolini J/J pickups

James Trussart is now establish in California and concentrate is production in guitar from what I gather on his website. The pictures are from the seller's ad.

While on line to google some more information on my bass , low and behold how many of you out there discussing what it is ?
    Is it real ?
    Is it a bunch of parts put together?
    Is the neck Fender Jazz ?
    And so on......
    Here's the story,
    About 15 years ago I went to a CBC auction with a friend of mine who's younger brother was a tech.
    CBC from time to time gets rid of old EQ.
    I got a 1975 Bozack CMA 10-2DL 6 Channel Preamp.
    I traded it to a Music teacher at a private school in Rigaud, Qc. for this bass guitar.
    Translucent Emerald Green James Trussart Vintage 1984 Jazz Bass.
    Got it home and immediately found the Trussart Home Page,
    After looking through the entire gallery online , could not find my bass or anything remotely like it.
    I took a few pics and emailed them to the contact address.
    Not 15 mins later I get an email fro James Trussart himself.
    He gave me his number and asked me to call him so I did.
    He asked me where I got the bass and I told him the story.
    So I asked him for whatever info he could give about this ass and he told me that he made it in 1984 after making several 6 string guitars in the same style.
    So he made the bass but someone , who must have had some serious influence , said they didn't like the colour.
    So he only made the one,.
    As for value , I asked him for insurance purposes , what it was worth and he said min $2,500.00 US but to a collector maybe more, It's a " One of a Kind "
    New pics still mint:
    "Built to Last"

Attached Files:

2. Bruce Johnson

Bruce Johnson Commercial User

Feb 4, 2011
    Fillmore, CA
    Professional Luthier
    There have been several other threads here on TB about this exact instrument. The same guy has been trying to sell it for years, at prices much higher than the general population here thinks are appropriate. It is what it is, as described in the text you posted. It's a one-off early custom bass made by James Trussart. What else do you want to know?

(James is a friend of mine)