Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trust Company TROUBLE

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by prnkng10, Nov 18, 2002.

1. prnkng10

prnkng10

Nov 10, 2002
    bridgeport, CT
    :confused:
    Hey does anybody know the trust company tune "downfall" I have looked over the tab and listened to the song a hundred times and i cant figure out the correct way the bassist is playing it. It always sounds wrong when i do it (but im reeeeeeal anal about that stuff). the tab on this site says the intro and verse are the same but when the verse goes from lighter to heavy he seems to be playing 2 differant measures. Im getting really PO'ed, i've never had this much trouble figuring out a song (i think im going friggin deaf or something). any help would be appreciated. thanks

2. spector_guy2004

spector_guy2004 Guest

Apr 11, 2002
    Hollister, Ca, USA
    the verse and intro are the same. they just sound different because there arent guitars in the verse. they tune in Db,Ab,Db,Gb. you should be able to figure it out. the song is very simple.

3. prnkng10

prnkng10

Nov 10, 2002
    bridgeport, CT
    hey thanks for the reply but i finally got it, i found a really gooooooooood site called www.mxtabs.net
    that had the correct version with the d tuned down a half step, but i play it in regualr D and it sounds great. hey thanks again for the reply, much appreciated, do you have a good tab for fade to black by metallica. i founjd a decen one on the same sight but it doesnt sound as great? you need any tabs?

4. Stone Sour

Stone Sour

Dec 18, 2002
    I saw trust company last saturday and tried to watch their bassist, but he hid behind the amp the whole time... :) Wish I could help

5. Swerve

Swerve

Nov 22, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    I've never tried to play the song but Trust Company are from around here and they are playing a hometown show tomorrow night. I'll try to see what he does.

6. prnkng10

prnkng10

Nov 10, 2002
    bridgeport, CT
    speaking of behind the amp i've been noticing things like that alot. bassist for most new bands seem to do that stuff, they will play the main verse but when anything remotley more than basic starts they hide behind something or head bang so much you cant see them. makes you kind of wom\nder huh LOL. i saw coal chamber 2 months ago and laughed my ass of cause the bassist had her back turned to us 90 percent of the time so we couldnt see her LOL. theyre all going jim morison on us LOL. seems alot of new music the bass just doesnt have a prominent role anymore its just there to follow the guitar note for note. oh well
    :rolleyes:

7. Stone Sour

Stone Sour

Dec 18, 2002

Isnt that the truth, although when I saw Stone Sour, Shawn (their bassist) was right there next to Corey (lead singer), :)

8. prnkng10

prnkng10

Nov 10, 2002
    bridgeport, CT
    I wish more bassist would stick into the front line. pretty soon we'll be playing behind the drummers LOL (no offense to drummers). I just recently put together a new band with my freind/ old singer and one thing thats a big stip is I want my face out there. Just in case we took off i want some F'ing groupies too LOL. i will be the first to admit though I'm nothing special with the bass, I'm no better than any other of these (per say) new youth band bassist but im sooooooo gonna rep my 4 strings (i dont want the singer and guitarist gettin all the hooters) :cool: