Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Truth is stranger than art?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by McHack, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Ludicrous.

Let's just throw the Bill of Rights right out the window while we're at it.

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    If this were a case of government censorship then you might have a point. However, this is a private gallery and the owner has any right to put what he wants in his gallery. Now if someone said that the owner HAS to hang the picture in his private gallery then that would be an issue of personal rights.

brad cook

3. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    I agree 100%... What I find interesting is this:

What charges does he think are relevant enough, to warrant someone being arrested here? Especially, in NYC.

4. Of course, DigMe. I was just being flip, at the expense of the manager's decision.

I find the fact that someone is offended by this ridiculous. Say what you will about Bush, but this isn't the first artist to inject politics into his art. If that is the case here. Maybe he just thinks Bush is a monkey boy...or monkey complected...or maybe he was high.... ;)

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Oh yeah...I meant to comment on that. That's a just weird and a pretty empty threat. Is the guy a cop too or what? If I were the artist that probably would have made me laugh.

brad cook

6. That's rediciously . What's the problem with the portrait ?!

7. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    interesting art, bump

8. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I think that's great! Kudos to the artist for creating something that prompted such a violent reaction. I hope that my art invokes that strong a feeling in somebody someday (just not enough to have them shooot me for it).

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Just go up and vomit on someone and call it art. That usually gets a reaction for me.

brad cook