tryanor tube amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tallguybcs, Jul 22, 2000.

1. i am seriously planing on buying a traynor YBA3-A tube amp, its the "super custom special", has anyone tried one of these (its from the 70's, BTW) or another traynor amp, i got a great review from psychobassguy, he advised me to get it over the mesa i was thinking about.
  2. Dolan

May 23, 2000
    Vienna Md
    Though I havent tried that model Traynor I do agree that it is a better investment than a Boogie.Traynor's are very well made amps.I have a Traynor head with 2 6V6's but I popped in some NOS 7581's and it really sounds good.You can "get inside" Traynors and mod them and they are easy to service.Boogie fan's will hate me for saying these thing's but I dont like them for guitar and dont like 'em for bass either.Your mileage may vary.
  3. DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    The Traynor will give you exceptional value for the money.I'm not sure that I would say its "better" sounding than a Mesa but the Traynor will be great tone at a fraction of the Mesa price.
  4. what i am going for is a great classic rock sound, and from what i hear, the traynor is great for it. I can get a mesa cheap (about $600), but am really likeing the traynor (although ive never played it), cause i hear such good things from it, and from people who own them.
  5. Bass Case

Bass Case

May 20, 2000
    Although I don't own it, I've been playing out of one for the past few Sundays at the church I play at. This thing is OLD. The guy who owns it says he thinks it's as old as he is and he's at least 30ish. But it sounds great. Everything you'd expect from a tube amp. If the amp you're looking at is anything like this one, I'd say go for it.
  6. lowphatbass

lowphatbass ****

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    I have a YBA-3, its the 130w model from the early70's with a master volume. It's Ibuilt like tanks and would be an ideal amp for classic rock.
  7. iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Thread from The Walking Dead :woot: .
  8. chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    That generation said, "Don't trust anyone over 30." :)
  9. Can a mod please change the thread-title from "Tryanor" to "Traynor".
    No wonder I've never come across this thread before in my Traynor searches.

+1 for "Super Custom Special"
    Would love one sitting on top of a Big Ben cab atop a 18" reflex sub. Wouldn't want to move it, just want to have it.
  10. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Just what we need on a sunny Saturday: A fourteen year old Zombie thread!!! I would imagine Lowphatbass that this question was decided over a decade ago!!! :(
    Downunderwonder and BurningSkies like this.
  11. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    He was just excited to find another player with a Tryanor bass amp. You don't find many of those.
  12. lowphatbass

lowphatbass ****

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    Somebody must have responded the the thread and deleted their post I recon, this thread was on page one of the Amp Forums when I responded, IIRC.....makes me look pretty silly!!
    BurningSkies likes this.
  13. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    S'alright my brother, we've all been caught the same way before! :D