Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tryin to rack mount head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nirvanafan13, Sep 3, 2002.

1. nirvanafan13

nirvanafan13

Apr 14, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Hey all,

I have a Peavey 700 Firebass head... it comes in a case.... but i recently acquired 2 rack mount cases (8 space i think... but that's not important).. and (along with a LOT of other stuff) a few nice rack effects processors, a furmann power module w/ lights, and a Sonic Maximizer... I wanted to put this stuff, along with my head, in a rack and use it as my rig... the only problem is, i don't know if my head can come out of the box it comes in. My question is.. Can i take the head out of the box, or is it permanently in there, and is there any way to get it out?

Thanks so much for all your input!
    It is GREATLY appreciated.
    -Evan

2. nirvanafan13

nirvanafan13

Apr 14, 2000
    Austin, TX
    NEVERMIND!!! the head is 21"... the rack is 19"... WHAT'S WITH THAT????????????? it's a conspiracy against me ! i think i'm gonna go sell my head now....

3. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    well.. you can keep the head...

or you could sell it.. pick up a peavey max preamp.. and then a carvin or QSC power amp..

4. [​IMG]

5. nirvanafan13

nirvanafan13

Apr 14, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Quote:
    [​IMG] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, very much so!

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    ... Peavey ...

7. nirvanafan13

nirvanafan13

Apr 14, 2000
    Austin, TX
    yeah, man.. i love peavey stuff... besides my Ampeg cabs, it's the only amp equipment i have... but, dude!.. it's only 2 INCHES!!!!!!! why can't they just modify it a bit to fit in a rack case like every other good head in the world?!!!! well, whatever... its all gravy train, or so i say!

8. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    It came in it's own case/rack, right?

9. nirvanafan13

nirvanafan13

Apr 14, 2000
    Austin, TX
    yeah man check it out