Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trying Chordal

Discussion in 'Ask Michael Dimin' started by bcarll, May 20, 2005.

1. bcarll

bcarll

Oct 16, 2001
    Mike,

Just ordered Chordal Approach and Big Droppin's . This is going to be a totally new approach for me in technique. I have never heard of playing chords on the bass only in linear form. So can't wait to try this out. I play only for my own enjoyment and I am in my mid fifties with some arthritus in my fingers so I feel playing the bass keeps my fingers limber. I had to give up on the six string due to finger dexterity so hoping this will be a great substitute. I was inspired by a recent post about using your chordal approach in Christian music and that has me excited to try. Lets hope this old dog can learn a new trick or two.

Bob C.

2. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    Bob,
    Thanks for ordering. Please feel free to answer any questions. I am arranging some solo bass stuff for people to play in Church and will post here when they are available. I've had a bit of a setback with some knee surgery last week and sitting at the computer makes the knee stiffen up. I am also not quite ready to be playing all that much

Mike