Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trying not to freak :)

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Manitou, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Tonight is my first gig ever and I just got a call from the guitarist/vocalist.

The other two bands scheduled to play after us either bailed or whatever, and now we're the only scheduled band. No soundguy, nuttin -- we've got to do it all, and our 14 song set is now a 30 song set and I'm scrambling to learn 5 new ones... Oy...

Out of the frying pan and into the fire indeed...

Wish me luck, please.

2. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
    Done.

3. You'll do fine. Thrive on that pressure!...besides, the people will be happy that any music is being played at all.

Luck has been wished.

-Dave

4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    good luck!!

5. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    i have had same situation occur before

i dealt with it by explaining to the crowd our predicament, and building up some dislike for the other bands. they didnt give a crap how bad we were as long as we shouted "(insert band name here) suck" every now and then.

although i wouldnt do it again :rolleyes:

6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    good luck tonight!

7. Aw, man, thanks everyone :)

Holy Lord, was last night a blast! I don't think I'll ever be the same. My nerves and jitters blew away as soon as I hit my first note.

It was overall a great gig. We really clicked as a band.

I can't wait until next time!

8. Good deal. It's amazing what you can pull off sometimes when the pressure's on. Glad to hear it went well.

9. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    good to see you kicked it with a tasty groove... :D