Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trying out boutique cabs in Montreal

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ninnlangel, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Hi Everyone, and Happy new year !

I'm on the market for a good portable rig to go with my Acoustic Image Clarus2r (will be replaced with a focus soon) for electric bass (I use the contraex for upright). Unfortunately, the brands I would like to try are not available here, so I'm looking for people who own Epifani, Aguilar, Bergantino, EA and any other great cabs that would let me try them here in Montreal. I'm interested in very portable (Neodynium 1x12" or 2x10") high end cabs, the sound I favor is when I hear my basses plugged straight in a good mixer with high end monitors.

If anyone has a bit of time, and one of the aforementionned, I would love to hear from you, here or by email, ninn.langel@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Ninn

P.S. I have a EA wizzy, and that definitly is not the sound I'm looking for... so it's for sale or trade.

P.P.S. I would love to try avatar too... and ACME.

2. Reefer

Reefer Guest

Mar 9, 2003
  3. Yeah, I've tried them there a few days ago. They sound pretty good, but I find them quite expensive for what you get. I really want to try ACMEs, Low B1 and B2. And the Epifani 12"

4. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Hi, I can't help you with the ACME. Have you ever tried the EA NL210? Its very portable for a 210. Warmer and deeper to my ears than the Wizzy. More 'hi-fi' than the Wizzy. The CXL112 might suit your needs as well if you want that clinically clean studio monitor.

It's a bit of a trip but there are a couple of TBers in Ottawa that may be able to let you let you hear the EA cabinets other than the Wizzy. Rocky55 (NL210/CXL112) and seanm (CXL112/Wizzy) both use EA. As far as I know they both have a CXL112 for sale.

5. Ninn,

When I come by to try the whizzy I can bring my EA cxl 112 by as well.