1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Trying out new rig config.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DWBass, Dec 20, 2006.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

I'll be trying out the Fender Bassman 400 (350w@4ohms) with my Avatar B210 & SB112 cabs this Friday's gig. I will report back on the sound. Here's a pic. Plus another pic of all my amp heads and cabs. My 2 Yamaha BBT110s cabs are just to the left of the Avatars under a black & yellow gig bag. I'll take a better shot of them and post later.
    mediumpowerrig.
    allampscabs.

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I bet that will sound great!

3. DWBass

Here's a better shot of everything.
    everything.

4. Ale

Ale

Jul 5, 2006
    Europe
    Endorsing Artist: IGiG Cases
    Cool , that will sound killer , and loud :D
    Whats up with the towel ?

5. SubMonkey

SubMonkey

May 3, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Hey, That's "Rig Of Doom Material right there"

SM

6. DWBass

Normally I don't have the heads setup on the cabs (setup for the pic only) so I keep the towel on top 'cause my cat likes to get up there. It keeps the cat hairs off.

7. DWBass

Well none of my amps are over 500w so it's sorta on the 'brink of doom'! :) My Yamaha rig is my official "Mini Rig Of Doom' though! :bassist:

8. Ale

Ale

Jul 5, 2006
    Europe
    Endorsing Artist: IGiG Cases
    Ah , thats smart , cats and speaker fur is not a good combination ..
    So did you buy it or do you have it for loan over the weekend for tring it out ?

9. DWBass

It's mine. I just got the Fender in a trade with a TB member! Gonna try it out on a gig for the first time. I normally use the Hartke 5500. The last gig there, I used the Yamaha 'mini rig of doom' and it performed wonderfully! My bandmates couldn't believe the sound coming out of it due to it's size.

10. DWBass

Ok, just got back from the gig! Not bad! Not bad at all! I didn't even have it cranked! I'm usually pushing 500w so I could tell the difference in 150 less watts but still, very nice! I love the mute and tuner out features!

11. Very cool ! How does it compare to your Hartke 5500?

12. DWBass

While the Hartke has more headroom (350w vs. 500w), I still had plenty volume to spare. Tone wise it sounded fine. I'm not as picky as some folks are about their sound. As long as I can be heard and felt by the band, I'm good to go! The Fender has features that I wish the Hartke had, specifically the mute button and tuner out features! They both weigh about the same but I like that there is a rack space on the Fender where I can put in a Power Conditioner. It's not a bad head at all. That head would be perfect with 750w@4ohms!

13. I think the Fender 800 Pro is a similar preamp with more power...800w @ 4 ohms, 1200w @ 2 ohms! I'd like to try that out.

14. DWBass

I guess I'll be saving up for this bad boy then!!
    [​IMG]

15. DWBass

Or this one! I could actually swap out the other one and slide this right in! Hmmm.....
    [​IMG]