Trying some bass led laid back jazz stuff

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by VellaBass, Mar 29, 2005.

1. VellaBass

Aug 29, 2003
    London, UK
    Built round a bass pattern, mostly that and fem vox, song called Strange Kind of Paradise, it's the first one here:

The second song, Writing on the Wall, has a bass synth part off a Digitech BNX3, but it's not finished yet.

Would love to hear your comments :)
  2. jusaplaya

Dec 14, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Yo! That writing on the wall is pretty sweet. NIce bass parts and the vocalist sounds nice for the piece. I would be interested in hearing more.
  3. VellaBass

Aug 29, 2003
    London, UK
    Cheers - thanks for listening. :)
  4. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Pretty cool, good writing, nothing wrong with minimilist!, too many MP3's from this site are Maximilist! I'm not thrilled with her voice, nothing techniqully wrong with it, just not sure it "fits". She almost sounds like a Jazz singer and ecspecially on the "alternitive piece" she sounds a little to polished. Just my two cents.
  5. VellaBass

Aug 29, 2003
    London, UK
    That's interesting - her voice normally gets the most plaudits, first time I've heard that. Valid view I think tho' - I have criticised her for being too much like a choir girl! I am biased tho...I married her yesterday :)

We are definitely going to go more in the jazz direction in the future, so your comments are apposite; I am 44 and she's just turned 40, so i was just this minute joking to her that we can be young jazz musicians ;)

Thanks for listening man - much appreciated.
  6. really cool, but you should make the drummer use bongos only. that would be awesome.