Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trying to contact these guys (Japan Website)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Groover, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Groover

Groover

Jun 28, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    Ok, these guys have something I'm looking for, but I can't even figure out how to send them an email.

I've heard people mention this site here at TB (I think some have actually ordered from them), so that's how I know about them.

I'm wondering if they have a link on the page that goes to an english portion of the site or a link to the email in hopes that they'll understand English.

Ikebe-Gakki

Any help on this would be great. Thanks!

2. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    I'm sure the TB Fender-geek guys (said with love ;) ) will be able to tell you for sure, but I'm fairly certain that you can't order or get anything directly from Japan ......

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Ed, I've been waiting to say this... WRONG! :p

Just gotta pay high shipping rates, import duties and find someone willing to help you out. Ishibashi is usually the easiest place to deal with because they have an English-speaker on staff.

4. Groover

Groover

Jun 28, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    LOL, glad I could help you guys say "you're wrong" to each other.. lol

So, carefully disecting the spelling here... looks like "Ishibashi" is not the same as "Ikebe-Gakki" - :ninja:

(google'ed) http://www.ishibashi-music.com/fenderjp/ ?

They don't seem to have much though.... :confused:

5. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    :D No fair, you have the advantage of youth and intelligence ..... :D

.... all I have left is senility & gray hair :bag: .....

6. toad

toad

Jun 26, 2002
    NYC
    If it's from Fender Japan, they should be able to get it even if you don't see it on their page. Just contact them with the model number and the color. The folks I dealt with were very helpful and they got me a color that was not listed on their site.

7. Keef

Keef

Jul 3, 2003
    Hollywood, CA
    tplyons, some of those automated translations are great!

< '62 JB reissue to which standard of base is condensed >

< Frettores JB that images Jacopas >

< It is wide, finish recommended JB from the disciple to a middle person >

< jazz base of five bowstring specification >

:)

8. Groover

Groover

Jun 28, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    Well, what I'm looking for is not "really" there. I'm trying to find a site that sells both, OCR Aerodynes and OCR 75 reissue basses with matching headstocks. The idea is to use the Aerodyne body and put the 75's neck with matching headstock, then sell my spare parts and hopefully come up with a "custom" bass for just a little more than a regular Aerodyne when all done.

I contacted fenderjapan.com but they don't have the red Aerodyne with Pickguard, but do have the 75 reissue.

Maybe I won't do it... I'm just GASing for one of these combos (not sure which one I like now better now!)

Poor quality image editing, but here's the idea:

[​IMG]

I think the binding around the body and around the fretboard would look really slick.