Trying to decide between basses and amps??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by snfjtu, Oct 3, 2000.

1. snfjtu

Oct 3, 2000
    I am trying to decide between two 6-string is the Ibanez Soundgear 406, and the other is the Dean Edge Q6. I was wondering if anyone on the board has had experience with either of these two basses, as far as owning them and could advise me. For example, how do they hold up over the course of time?

I'm also looking at amps...either an Ampeg BA-115 or a Hartke Kickback 15. I'm leaning toward the Kickback just because it appears more durable with the aluminum cones and all, but I don't know this for sure; once again, has anyone owned the same model of Ampeg or Hartke for awhile that can testify as to their integrity?

I'm open to any comments. Suggestions?
  2. gmstudio99

Mar 11, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Please post your amp question in the "Amps" forum...where I will tell you that the BA-115 is quite simply the best amp I've ever owned.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Durability is not a problem with either of the basses you mentioned, they should both last many years if you take proper care of them.

So, that means the choice is up to your hands and your ears.

Which one do YOU like? THAT is the one you will be happiest with.
  4. snfjtu

Oct 3, 2000
    Thanks for the help. Sorry about the amp question being in the wrong spot though. But thanks again :)