Trying to get this blasted sticker off my bass so I can sell it

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ninthwondernj, Sep 4, 2005.

1. THis pesky sticker came from whoever owned it before me, huge sticke ron the back and when i tried to peel it off its the kind of sticker that leaves the paper stuck behind even when u peel the paper off. Is there a way to remove this sticker and the film left behind without damaging the bass??
  2. Hot water and soap worked for me.

Soak a rag in hot water and rub in some soap. Set it on the sticker and let is soak in for a good 10 minutes or so. Then, just rub it off.

If you can, get a 100% cotton cloth. It won't scratch your finish. I've seen them in guitar and automotive stores.
  3. Brilliant! Im about to go try and see if it works
  4. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    I bought a Fender from a guy that had duct-taped the whole back to keep it from getting scratched. I used a product called Goo-Off. Worked great, didn't harm the finish.
  5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Goo Gone. At the grocery or hardware store. Or at Price Club (that's Costco to those not in the know).

6. Naptha (lighter fluid). Don't let it sit on the finish too long, don't smoke while using it.
  7. retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills

stuff like that always bothered me.. isnt the point of protecting it froms cratching to make it look nice? if its all taped up it doesnt look nice at all... and it makes it look less then what its worth

and i dont think a sticket would be a big thing to deal with when selling it... i sold an ibanez once with a NIN sticker on the front. i dont think anybody will care if its on the back