Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

trying to save a buck at Warmoth caused more GAS and waiting for it.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Corwin81, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    about a few weeks ago, I bought a neck from the Warmoth showcase. It's maple with ebony fretboard, stainless frets, and corian nut. no dots on the fretboard face(just side), and it's got a koa headstock veneer.
    It was cheaper than other necks I saw in the gallery with an ebony fretboard.

So, now I go to the body. I have a block of alder that I was going to use. Turns out it's a bit too short for a jazz body and would probably balance weird. May use it for a geetar later on.
    I just pulled out the plastic and ordered a Warmoth alder body with koa top. Now I get to wait a month for my GAS.

Can't wait to see it.
    Using Dimarzio Ultra Jazz pups and Hipshot B bridge on it. black hardware. Kinda going for the Sadowsky anniversary vibe, but 5 inline headstock and the koa headstock

2. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    sounds good! cant wait for the pics!
    i have warmoth myself, you cant go wrong with those! :bassist:

3. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

The imagination can be an expensive thing, all the best with your project. :)

4. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    Warmoth just shipped it today. should get it on Friday :D

5. Rodent

Rodent Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Regenerate Guitar Works
    Was this a showcase bass? If yes, which one?

R

6. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    no, ordered it brand new. I wish they had an alder/koa cheaper in the showcase.

7. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    Over a year later(did a search for Dimarzio UltraJazz and found this thread, heh), here she is:

[​IMG]

Still got some wiring to go(might just use a single volume knob with a series/parallel switch, and maybe a tone, or VVT with series/parallel, and a dummy pot for the 4th hole.

8. belated congratulations on your bass