1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

trying to save a buck at Warmoth caused more GAS and waiting for it.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Corwin81, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    about a few weeks ago, I bought a neck from the Warmoth showcase. It's maple with ebony fretboard, stainless frets, and corian nut. no dots on the fretboard face(just side), and it's got a koa headstock veneer.
    It was cheaper than other necks I saw in the gallery with an ebony fretboard.

So, now I go to the body. I have a block of alder that I was going to use. Turns out it's a bit too short for a jazz body and would probably balance weird. May use it for a geetar later on.
    I just pulled out the plastic and ordered a Warmoth alder body with koa top. Now I get to wait a month for my GAS.

Can't wait to see it.
    Using Dimarzio Ultra Jazz pups and Hipshot B bridge on it. black hardware. Kinda going for the Sadowsky anniversary vibe, but 5 inline headstock and the koa headstock

2. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    sounds good! cant wait for the pics!
    i have warmoth myself, you cant go wrong with those! :bassist:

3. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

The imagination can be an expensive thing, all the best with your project. :)

4. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    Warmoth just shipped it today. should get it on Friday :D

5. Rodent

Rodent A Killer Pickup Line™ Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Honey Badger Pickups & Regenerate Guitar Works
    Was this a showcase bass? If yes, which one?

R

6. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    no, ordered it brand new. I wish they had an alder/koa cheaper in the showcase.

7. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    Over a year later(did a search for Dimarzio UltraJazz and found this thread, heh), here she is:

[​IMG]

Still got some wiring to go(might just use a single volume knob with a series/parallel switch, and maybe a tone, or VVT with series/parallel, and a dummy pot for the 4th hole.

8. belated congratulations on your bass