1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Trying to track down my old Precision Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassflute, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Bassflute

Bassflute

Jun 24, 2006
    Vancouver
    Endorsing Artist: MTD basses and strings; Bergantino Amps & Cabs
    Wonder what happened to it. Sold it in the early 80's. Had modified it a lot. It had:

1) Ash body, maple neck, maple fingerboard factory fretless (no lines - one of the early ones; about '76)

2) Chrome pickguard

3) 3 Bartolinis - might have still been called Hi-A's: a jazz p/u by the bridge, a precision split in the original position, and a Gibson EBO replacement by the neck.

4) 4 or 5 (five!!!) chrome knurled knobs (I can't remember - it was the 70's! Give me a break!).

5) A HUMOUNGOUS chrome diamond-stamped metal anvil flight case with purple crushed velvet about the size of a Fender Rhodes piano (and damn near as heavy).

6) A Bassass bridge

Just wondering what ever happened to that bass, and if it could be tracked down.:crying:

I don't want to buy it back, just wondering.

Thanks,

C.

2. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens

I DO!!!

3. I had it, but traded it to a wino in Chattanooga,TN for a bottle of Mad Dog 20/20... :D

sounds like a very unique bass, it would be interesting to find out where it got to...what city did you sell it in?

4. matrok

matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan
    I've wanted to do a thread like this for a couple of my old basses. I found one a few years ago, my co-worker bought it at a flea market!

5. Bassflute

Bassflute

Jun 24, 2006
    Vancouver
    Endorsing Artist: MTD basses and strings; Bergantino Amps & Cabs
    Sounded awful after putting that Badass bridge on it. Should NEVER have done that, but couldn't at the time figure out why I didn't like it. It came to me after selling it, and trying a few more Fenders with and without Badasses - I hate those things.

IMHO,
    Cameron