1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tryng something new...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by LarryJ, Mar 28, 2002.

1. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    came across this site:
    www.commonsound.com/3ms/
    & contacted Dann-
    I'm having a pedal custom built after discussing what I wanted to "play around with" Fender Bass-
    I think this is very innovative stuff- I'll have mine in about a month-
    Although I would like to be the "one & only" I think that some of my 'bros here on TB should at least check it out if they haven't heard of this stuff-
    I hadn't, & I am very impressed with both the man & his creations- there are sound samples, too-
    So let me hear what YOU think, & when I get my pedal, I'm sure that I will rave about it.

I would enjoy seeing this type of enterprise getting some props-

2. I notice most (all?) the sound samples were on a Strat. Be sure to tell us how it sounds with a bass.
    Though I won't be purchasing one because of a lack of cash and the fact that I haven't been playing that long and don't need a bunch of effects, I have a question: If I were to buy one, would my neighbors kill me? :)

3. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    After I heard the samples on a strat, I e-mailed Dann telling him what & how I play, and what I wanted. He was very helpful in suggesting & describing the pedals that would add color to the sound of a Fender Bass.
    After some more discussion, we worked out a design for an effects pedal, both sonically & graphically!
    It should really be interesting & I will definetly post what I think about it, even some sound samples if I can.
    I liked this stuff because it had some real character instead of the mass-produced "cookie-cutter" pedals and boxes on the market- There's gonna be some interesting wave shaping devices on this thing too! All the more interesting, 'cause essentially I'm an "old-school" 4-string P-Bass player at heart, for over 30 years who plays a lot of jazz trios/quartets & voices like an upright a lot!
    But I also get into fusion/funk r&B where I think this thing is gonna be a LOT of fun!
    As far as your neighbors go: Depends on how
    "artistic" they are!:D