Tryng something new...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by LarryJ, Mar 28, 2002.

1. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    came across this site:
    & contacted Dann-
    I'm having a pedal custom built after discussing what I wanted to "play around with" Fender Bass-
    I think this is very innovative stuff- I'll have mine in about a month-
    Although I would like to be the "one & only" I think that some of my 'bros here on TB should at least check it out if they haven't heard of this stuff-
    I hadn't, & I am very impressed with both the man & his creations- there are sound samples, too-
    So let me hear what YOU think, & when I get my pedal, I'm sure that I will rave about it.

I would enjoy seeing this type of enterprise getting some props-
  2. I notice most (all?) the sound samples were on a Strat. Be sure to tell us how it sounds with a bass.
    Though I won't be purchasing one because of a lack of cash and the fact that I haven't been playing that long and don't need a bunch of effects, I have a question: If I were to buy one, would my neighbors kill me? :)
  3. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    After I heard the samples on a strat, I e-mailed Dann telling him what & how I play, and what I wanted. He was very helpful in suggesting & describing the pedals that would add color to the sound of a Fender Bass.
    After some more discussion, we worked out a design for an effects pedal, both sonically & graphically!
    It should really be interesting & I will definetly post what I think about it, even some sound samples if I can.
    I liked this stuff because it had some real character instead of the mass-produced "cookie-cutter" pedals and boxes on the market- There's gonna be some interesting wave shaping devices on this thing too! All the more interesting, 'cause essentially I'm an "old-school" 4-string P-Bass player at heart, for over 30 years who plays a lot of jazz trios/quartets & voices like an upright a lot!
    But I also get into fusion/funk r&B where I think this thing is gonna be a LOT of fun!
    As far as your neighbors go: Depends on how
    "artistic" they are!:D