Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TS 9 tube screamer with an EQ pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 33degrees, Sep 1, 2005.

1. 33degrees

33degrees

Jun 4, 2005
    Spain
    if i got an Eq pedal to go after or before the TS-9 tube screamer wouldnt that be that sort out any loss of low end? :confused:

2. 33degrees

33degrees

Jun 4, 2005
    Spain
    anyone? :(

3. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Well, the claim to fame to the Tube Screamers is as a boost for higher register solos on guitars. When I used it with a bass, it was pretty much useless.

Instead of buying two pedals, why not but one good one?

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    We have a winner.

5. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Where's the fun in that? :)

6. 33degrees

33degrees

Jun 4, 2005
    Spain
    +1 :p

7. Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive = Tube Screamer with clean blend :bassist: :cool:

~ Charlie

8. tubescreamer + fat mod = Fulltone bassdrive.

Fat mod

9. 33degrees

33degrees

Jun 4, 2005
    Spain
    what does a TS9DX sound like without the mod from A.M.? its spose to have loads of bass in the turbo mode

10. I actually have both the TS9DX & the Sparkle Drive on my pedal board right now. I use the Sparkle Drive for boosts. It will make my whole signal go up (or down, if you wanted) with a tiny touch of grit, without losing any highs or lows.

The Tube Screamer on the other hand. I turn it on a very low OD setting & use it to emulate a tube head. Goes from bright & clear to rumbley. Very Allen Woody (Gov't Mule) sounding.

Neither of my pedals have any mods, but if one of them were to be modded first... it would be the Sparkle Drive. The on/off button on it sucks big time. I have sent it in to be repaired once already..... very cool pedals, but worthless switches.

11. 33degrees

33degrees

Jun 4, 2005
    Spain