Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TSO Bassist caught using hated brand!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Deman669, Dec 9, 2001.

1. That's right folks! I saw the Trans Siberian Orchestra on thursday (MAN! What a show!) And was quite surprised, when, upon the lights going up, I saw the bassists rig consisted of a Stingray5 into a PEAVEY Head (2 space rack, not sure what model) and 4x10 cab! The brand everyone bassist to hate! I actually quite like peavey gear, but was surprised to see such a large scale band using it. The bassist is never super-present in the mix (find a copy of their bell carol fantasy - spectacular song), but he did get nice, fat, filling lows. Of course, he was also running through a $100,000 PA ;)

just wanted to share, and brag about how awesome the show was ;)

Edit:Spelling

2. downstairs

downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    i use a stringray 5 (copy) into a peavy guitar head and a big 410 cabinet, but i use really punchy mids, but that is cool that you got to see TSO (i don't know who they are .:rolleyes: ).

3. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Are there any big names in the TSO? I've heard a couple of their songs, and I absolutely love them! I missed them when they were here about two weeks ago.

4. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    what can I say, peavey doesnt suck anymore. this is proof of that.

5. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I think some of the guys used to be in Savatage...

P@

6. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    I recorded a demo CD recently using a Peavey TNT. I was really happy with it.

7. Acepiloto

Acepiloto

Aug 25, 2000
    I heard somewhere that Marty Friedman (formerly the lead guitarist of Megadeth) was in TSO (Trans-Siberian Orchestra)

8. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Peavey rocks the party man. better than alot of higher priced stuff