TSO Bassist caught using hated brand!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Deman669, Dec 9, 2001.

1. That's right folks! I saw the Trans Siberian Orchestra on thursday (MAN! What a show!) And was quite surprised, when, upon the lights going up, I saw the bassists rig consisted of a Stingray5 into a PEAVEY Head (2 space rack, not sure what model) and 4x10 cab! The brand everyone bassist to hate! I actually quite like peavey gear, but was surprised to see such a large scale band using it. The bassist is never super-present in the mix (find a copy of their bell carol fantasy - spectacular song), but he did get nice, fat, filling lows. Of course, he was also running through a $100,000 PA ;)

just wanted to share, and brag about how awesome the show was ;)

2. downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    i use a stringray 5 (copy) into a peavy guitar head and a big 410 cabinet, but i use really punchy mids, but that is cool that you got to see TSO (i don't know who they are .:rolleyes: ).
  3. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Are there any big names in the TSO? I've heard a couple of their songs, and I absolutely love them! I missed them when they were here about two weeks ago.
  4. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    what can I say, peavey doesnt suck anymore. this is proof of that.
  5. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I think some of the guys used to be in Savatage...

6. gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    I recorded a demo CD recently using a Peavey TNT. I was really happy with it.
  7. Acepiloto

Aug 25, 2000
    I heard somewhere that Marty Friedman (formerly the lead guitarist of Megadeth) was in TSO (Trans-Siberian Orchestra)
  8. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Peavey rocks the party man. better than alot of higher priced stuff