Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tsunami Aid Bass CD

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Little G, May 17, 2005.

1. Little G

Little G

Feb 27, 2003
    Hi All

[​IMG]

On December 26th 2004, the world watched in horror as the world's biggest earthquake produced a Tsunami that devastated the Islands and coast lines of South East Asia, leaving thousands dead and even more injured, homeless and without families.

Only days later the volunteers at Bass Tech UK contacted our fellow Bass Tech UK friends around the world and asked them if they would donate a song for an aid CD. The response from artists Janek Gwizdala, Jimmy Haslip, the Poogie Bell Band, Steve Jenkins, Mo Foster, Peter Muller, Stevie Williams, Lorenzo Feliciati, David Dyson, Steve Lawson, Laurence Cottle & Dean Brown was overwhelming and immediate. The 'As One' CD is the heartfelt and amazing realisation of this. Musicians and Bass Players from across the globe have come together As One to aid the orphaned children of South East Asia.

With help from friends at EndX Group in the UK who sponsored the project, Blue Room Studios in Prestwich, Manchester who mastered the CD. Pure Music Manufacturing in Manchester who manufactured the CD and all the volunteers at Bass Tech UK, who brought the whole thing together to produce the artwork and keep the project moving to raise money for SOS Children the biggest orphan charity in the world

Buy it now from Bass Tech UK

2. Little G

Little G

Feb 27, 2003
    Come on folks it's for a good cause :hyper:

3. This seems to be an awesome project! Definetely a great idea! I'm down to pennies here, but this is definetely on the top of my list when I start working this summer. By chance though do you have any info on how much longer they are going to be selling these/donating the proceeds?

4. Little G

Little G

Feb 27, 2003
    Hey Eliot L

Until they run out. We 950 to sell.

We will be gettin gsome signed at some point to go into a blind auction.