1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

US: West Tsunami Bass Hang - Temecula - Food, vendors, demos

Discussion in 'Social Events and Get Togethers [BG]' started by TonyP-, Aug 16, 2018.

1. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Mike Lull GK Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass
    BASS HANG 12.jpg

30033 Technology Dr, Suite #105, Murrieta CA, 92563

-
    Vendors - G&L Guitars, Tsunami Cables, Gallien Krueger, GHS strings (More to come)

Product Demos and the best Tacos in SoCal :thumbsup:

DerTeufel and Oddly like this.
  2. DerTeufel

DerTeufel

Nov 11, 2011
    Wildomar, CA
    Count me in!

TonyP- likes this.
  3. Woodstockz

Woodstockz

Sep 23, 2011
    San Diego, Ca
    Ok. Has a date been set?

4. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Mike Lull GK Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass
    October 21st

5. wintremute

wintremute mediocrity at its finest

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Endorsing Artist: Langstrom Carrot Farms
    I'm in. @BassCliff is going with me. I'm driving down Sunday morning to hang out and praise with him at church, then we're going to the hang.

This is the info I have:

The Bass Hang is on Sunday the 21st And is $15 to get in. That gets you a two taco plate with rice and beans, a drink, and a raffle ticket to win prizes.

BassCliff likes this.
  6. wintremute

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Here's the FB link for the event:

BassCliff likes this.
  7. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

Pictures soon. It was a fun hang!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

wintremute likes this.
  8. wintremute

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    For me, the day started off with an early morning drive from Vegas to LA to grab @BassCliff.

20181021_121613.jpg
    He had a gig last night, and so on 4 hours of sleep and a lot of caffeine, he brought the low end in the house of the Lord.

After a quick lunch with his family, we headed south to Tsunami.

IMG_8442.JPG

What's the first thing to greet us? A Taco stand! So, yeah, I just ate. But I'm not gonna pass up tacos!

IMG_8461.JPG

Passinwind and BassCliff like this.
  9. wintremute

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    cosmicevan and BassCliff like this.
  10. wintremute

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    The big kahuna himself, Keith runs the show and appreciates a good taco.

IMG_8445 (Medium).JPG

He gave me permission to be nosy and take photos.

IMG_8446 (Medium).JPG IMG_8447 (Medium).JPG IMG_8448 (Medium).JPG

11. wintremute

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Here's Steve Araujo of the Bass Hang hanging with @BassCliff.

IMG_8450 (Medium).JPG

@Jon Moody is checking out Steve's Low End Bass, while @TonyP- is always ready to pose for a pic.

IMG_8455 (Medium).JPG

The enigmatic Pete Hilton showing his basses off to Cliff.

IMG_8458 (Medium).JPG

12. wintremute

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    I was like a kid in a candy store.

20181021_145419 (Medium).jpg

Tony was checking out Chance's acoustic piccolo bass.

IMG_8462 (Medium).JPG

13. wintremute

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    BassCliff likes this.
  14. wintremute

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Other than winning the very 1st raffle, my personal highlight of the show was listening to @Jon Moody play. I knew he was cool, I knew he rocked a bowtie, I knew he worked for my favorite string company, but I didn't realize just how talented of a player he is. If you have a chance to check out some of his recordings, I highly recommend it.

IMG_8470.JPG IMG_8471 (Medium).JPG IMG_8472 (Medium).JPG

cosmicevan, BassCliff and Jon Moody like this.
  15. wintremute

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    BassCliff likes this.
  16. wintremute

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    It looks like Tsunami is going to get into the pre-amp market. Here is their very 1st rough prototype. @TonyP- can give you more details, as he's geeky enough to know all of the specs.

The final product isn't going to look like this, this is just a VERY rough prototype.

IMG_8473 (Medium).JPG IMG_8474 (Medium).JPG

BassCliff likes this.
  17. wintremute

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    And so the day ended with someone twisting Tony's arm and getting him to play for us.

IMG_8487 (Medium).JPG

TonyP- and BassCliff like this.
  18. Jon Moody

Jon Moody Commercial User

Sep 9, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Manager of Brand Identity & Development, GHS Strings, Innovation Double Bass Strings, Rocktron
    Thank you so much for the kind words (and making the trip out)! I greatly appreciate it. It's always a great time when I get to play some music alongside @TonyP- and Chance. Two stellar musicians and even better people.

wintremute and BassCliff like this.
  19. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi!

It was a real pleasure meeting some of the movers and shakers in the industry. @TonyP- and @Jon Moody were informative and entertaining, great, talented players. Chance Onody was absolutely amazing with his looper and octave pedals. Keith Stickney was a gracious host and gave away oodles of door prizes. Even this old country bass player won some stuff. I'm pretty anonymous and invisible when I attend events like this. I was very surprised and a little flattered when I heard someone call my name. Steve Araujo recognized me from the KRB because he'd also worked with Kelly in the past. We chatted for a bit about gigs and mutual friends. Steve also knows Alex, the bassist who took my place in the KRB. Steve even let me play a couple of his basses. Hey @DerTeufel, did I meet you there? Weren't we talking to Tony Tonite? Anyway, it was a really cool way to spend a Sunday afternoon and rub elbows with some great players.

There was some really cool gear parked in the hallway when we arrived, a few Schroeder cabs, a couple of EICH amps, along with a Wilkens PJ5 bass.

5KHqr5nPhTwCDKaJm6xhw0GghZ0Vk_X2nwliD2xxv5XIb48ekHTsmFueQNGx6ws-M85C1T85ACBZ3H0DKUE=w852-h639-no.jpg

Here's an unobstructed view of Pete Hilton's offerings. The dark one belongs to Jon Moody (Notice the bow tie on the headstock?) and the other was being shipped to a client in Japan.

TC9YbNzQQF-Q_MDqHrWahsG3Ae7cGExPX3S7A58_8e68VjcwS-O8j8_dkR5J-mmBWOhkv35y98-2xGnRDQD=w480-h639-no.jpg

Chase sounded like a one man band. I don't mind not being able to play like him. I just wish I had his hair. :D

X5c4Ei5KrJQ0j_oG45I1QqqrmaBbmZGPMmzsnX30G2E6lhSVJnwMHE1-WSwWoSmiNA5N7q48gyXdFAoFuXG=w852-h639-no.jpg

Steve and Tony were a crack up during their "2 Dudes 1 Bass" segments. They were totally unrehearsed, just having fun. Nice work.

ff9wwIgLprG3BiVCJBxAZEs12zrXoDdh5UoLHGg9VwmWJieByZUjp0--Jydjd5PejNyF9L9plrwuw-J1skc=w852-h639-no.jpg

Jon is so thoughtful and contemplative with his music. He played a few of his impressive tunes from his CDs.

Uj6ijI_-kn2djdbQIA9ITSujGP0dtv3L6dRLuotnl6ifX-nZRIfIVO1v-ZssToG8P1pLsCfq3SRSSVoJUdP=w852-h639-no.jpg

Many thanks to my good friend @wintremute for turning me on to this event. I don't check this section very often but I'm happy to get together with my fellow bass players every chance I get. Now I've got a gig report to post. I'm looking forward to the next Bass Hang, wherever that may be.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 21, 2021