Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tube good to be true

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by waxcomb, Apr 25, 2004.

1. waxcomb

waxcomb

Jun 29, 2003
    Martinez, CA
    Yesterday I picked up an ART Tube MP for $25. I was going to use it for recording when I realized that it could be plugged into the effects return on my Workingman's 10. All I can say is that it has never sounded as warm, deep and smooth. I A/B'd it with and without and no amount of knob turning can equal the killer sound it now makes. I recommend it highly to soup up your little bass rig.

2. waxcomb

waxcomb

Jun 29, 2003
    Martinez, CA
    Thanks for your reply. Yes, it does have limited sounds, but I like it for what I'm playing (classic rock). I wouldn't count on it as the number one preamp for my main rig, but it sure sounds nice on my WM's 10. Also, it is more quiet than plugging straight in. I'm stoked that my little experiment paid off and I can't wait to use it for a mic.

I'm surprised to hear about the tech 21. From the threads on TB, it sounds like the number one concern is that it is noisy. I bought a Levelar because of that, and I found one for a great price. That unit is dead quiet. That made up my mind about the ART products and I was happy to see the MP for sale. Big fun for little $. Who knows what my GAS will have me plugging in next? :confused: