tube head question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by phattybass, May 15, 2003.

1. phattybass

Dec 12, 2002
    Hey there. I've been looking around for a all tube head. As far as I can tell, most bass manufacturers seem to like making 300 watt bass heads (Ampeg, Eden, ect). I'm looking for something with half decent wattage (50 - 200 watts) of all tube power. Does anyone know of any companies who make all tuve heads with that kind of power? 300 watts of all tube bass tone would be killer! But that's a lot of weigth too. The only company that I can think of who made a 50 watt all tube head would be Traynor in the 60's and 70's. Again, I'm wondering if any bass amp company makes an all tube bass head with under 300 watts.
  2. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

Ampeg V4B and B15R (combo), Aguilar DB359.
  3. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    You can find 100 watt Pignose BV heads around... Old Sunn apms fell in that wattage range also...

4. Never heard of a Bassman? Wow.
  5. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i've got an Alessandro Basset Hound, and its about 60 watts of gorgeous tube lovin' power. and it didnt cost me an arm and a leg.

just freakin' awesome for low key jazz, singer/songwriter stuff, church praise, and my acoustic rock combo.
  6. I don't mean to change the subject, but how would you say the Alessandro sounds compared to say, an Aguilar?
  7. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    hey jacob,

i'd love to give you the low down, but i'm suuuper tired right now. when i'm up to it, i'll give you a second glance opinion of my fav little amp. lets just say that thru a real bass cab, the Ally suddenly became my new fav amp. too bad its only 60 watts...

but here's my little first glance opinion i wrote up when i first got the Ally last November, and still had the DB359: