1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tube Help - Sunn 300T

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Limlam, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Limlam

Limlam

Jun 9, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    I Just Bought a Sunn 300T from ebay it was well packed but in transit one of the tubes was smashed.
    I know a little about tube amps but not too much.
    So i guess now i have to buy a whole new matched pair? the amp runs on 6x6550's.
    I have been looking around on ebay for the tubes and theres so many different brands etc and old vintage tubes, which would be best to put in?

I have also heard talk about kt-88 being a better tube, could i run the amp from 2 pairs of 6550's and a pair of kt-88?

Basically i need advice on what to throw in there?

thanks
    -Liam

2. Id suggest taking it to an amp tech.

Let it get the once over. I dont know much about that amp, but chances are it could do with being Bias'ed aswell

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 15, 2021