1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tube Mesa and Berg cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Visirale, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    Who has this setup? I was in bass central today and saw both the 610 and 215. The size made me realize that I could fit them into my car... I would like to have all one brand of cabs... and I've heard good things about the berg cabs. How do they sound with tube mesa heads?

2. see thread re What amps are U driving yr NV BERGS with.

3. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    I think they pair great, If you kinda-liked your (Previously owned) Ampeg 810e tone and vibe with your 400, you'll prolly love the NV610.
    If your looking for a more of a modern-type Hi-fi sounding cab, (deeper-lows and brighter-highs) It might not be the best choice for you. (the NV610 is all about really great low-mids)
    If you try out a NV610 with your amp, keep in mind that this cab is only fully appreciated while playing with a band.

I've never tried a VN215, but it sounds like you have both available to try out.
    I'd suggest you use your amp and bass, and see if one of them is right for you and your sound.