1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

tube powered golf cart

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by blendermassacre, Oct 16, 2010.

1. My dad (with a bit of help from me) is rehabbing a 78 AMF harley davidson golfcart.

Turns out it's got a tube.

2010-10-16132630.jpg

it's got tone for days

2. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    Does it sound alot louder than your solid state golf cart?

3. not louder warmer. with a bit of grit when he floors the accelerator :D

4. This thing is actually pretty cool, and will be cooler once we fix the fiberglass and get it repainted

5. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    WOW I bet it adds more growl to the "potato-potato" sound. I tried one on my Harley once but the bike shook it apart.

6. Its all electric, so it can only enhance tire noise.

7. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    Back in the 70's a friend and I put a 900 Sportster motor in one. Thing was scary fast. A well restored one will bring big bucks now days. I know a guy that paid $500.00 just for the big Bar & Shield logo off of one.

8. chicago_mike

chicago_mike

Oct 9, 2007
    Chicago - LA - Rome - Dallas
    Endorsing Artist : Genz Benz
    Harley made golf carts?? Jeese, all I ever got to fix were the EZ-GO's. Still have my key.

9. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    To be honest, AMF made them long before they acquired Harley Davidson. After they bought HD they put the Harley name on them. HD never made them at their plants.