Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tube Replacement

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by djproject, Dec 13, 2000.

1. I need to replace my tube in my Yamaha B100-115 amp. Any ideas on where to go and how much? [I live in VA]. Also anything worth knowing will be nice as well.

Thanks! :)

Derek J. Power

P.S. On a side note, I'm accepted at the College of William and Mary (which means I get to do the band idea I've always wanted to do... more on this later)

2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    ?????????? A Yamaha B-100 amp has no tubes in it!!!!!!!

3. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    LOOOOOOOL!!
    Maybe he is confused, and he is talking about that Little "Tube" that is called "FUSE" on the power Section, to protect from high voltage spikes.
    :)
    Well, it is not a TUBE!! It is just an electrical Fuse.
    Go to any electrician store.

4. Gotta ba a fuse, here's the thing you have to get the exact right fuse for the amp, if you don't you may be looking for a new amp sooner than you planned to. If you replace the tube and your amp blows the fuse again it will need to go immediatly to see your friendly repair man.

5. 1) Sorry about the tube thing. This was on the basis of age (made in 1979) and I had no idea that it wasn't one. It was ignorance talking

2) I did check the fuses. They're not blown

3) This is the problem that I have. I seems like the dials on my amp are not working, namely the distortion. The bass acts like it's still on distortion, even though I turned it off. Plus, certain strings play loud (E and sometimes D) but the A and G are not as powerful.

My theories include the bass' battery may be low or the circuitry is screwed up (broken wires, frayed wires, aged wires or combination). If the latter one is the case, then what can I do about it?

Sorry about that confusion.

Derek J. Power

P.S. Don't worry... in AP Physics, we're getting to E&M (so I'll have a better understanding :):D)

6. It was the battery! My mistake! :)

Derek