1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tube Screamer + Sabddi????

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 59jazz, Nov 21, 2006.

1. 59jazz

59jazz Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma Supporting Member

Anyone try a Tube Screamer or Sparkle Drive in front of their Sabddi? I really like the "Bassman" setting on my Sabddi, but I'd like to create a little more British tube girth for my signal to the house mix, without losing bottom end firmness. Am I dreaming?:eyebrow: For the best results, it would be best to buy a couple of late 60's Marshall heads (now I'm dreaming!), but I need something that will fit in a gig bag.

Thanks, Steve

2. ihateusernames

ihateusernames

Jun 26, 2006
    I have a Sansamp GT2 that I put back into the signal on the factory SVT settings. Threw a Turbo Tubesreamer in front of it on the + setting with very, very little gain and it sounds quite good.

3. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    haven't actually tried it, but it sounds like a fantastic idea! i'd try it with a sparkle drive, as that's very close in sound to the tubescreamer...but you have more tonal options.

i've done a little big muff into a pbddi, and that seriously rocks...

4. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Yup, the Sparkle Drive works well in front of the BDDI. I don't like the OD in the BDDI and always use an external pedal in front of the BDDI for OD.

And I usually start with the Bassman setting and mod to taste.

I also used a BDDI to tame really extreme ODs such as the Torn's Peaker. It seems to have some compression and limiting built in. I can set the Torn's Peaker to a much higher gain level when it is in front of the BDDI.

5. gibsualdo

gibsualdo

Jun 19, 2006
    London, England
    If you're looking for a tubey British sound, I'd have thought EH's English Muff'n might be what you're looking for.

I use mine before a BDDI in my OD/grit loop over the top of my effects loop, both loops then go into another BDDI (with the drive on 0). Sounds pretty good IMO.

6. 59jazz

59jazz Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma Supporting Member

Thanks for the info guys! Maybe I'll give the Sparkle Drive a whirl...............Anyone know what these are going for used?

Thanks, Steve

7. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA

they probably go for somewhere between 80 and 100 bucks used.

it is one of my favorite overdrives. good luck!