1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tube Store vs Doug's Tubes vs ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BrianVengeance, May 31, 2011.

1. Looking to replace preamp tubes with NOS, was wondering what peoples' experiences were with the various tube sellers.

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I have always had great luck with Doug. When I first started buying from him, he didn't really deal with many bass players, but 8-9 years later, I think he has a number of bass-player customers. It's always worth asking Doug what he might have in stock that's not on the page... :ninja:

That being said, I would also not hesitate to purchase from the Tube Store. :cool:

3. Thanks for the recommendation, Tom... just got off the phone and should have some new glass by the end of the week! :D

As an FYI, for an SVT4PRO he suggested the following (with the goal of tightening up the bottom and bringing in some more thickness / warmth):

1 - Ruby 12AX7AC5 HG+
    2 - Ruby 12AX7AC5 HG
    3 - Ruby 12AX7AC5 HG

4. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    +1 Doug at Doug's Tubes.

5. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Lord Valve is the guy IMO

6. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Sarcasm: Just ONE of the many services I offer! Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Palm Coast, FL
    In his opinion, too!

Dan K.

Timm Grimm likes this.