Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tube swapping thread....got any to trade?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by KB, Aug 15, 2002.

1. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Hope the mods think this is the best place for this.

This was a suggestion from the "Tube Confusion" thread and I think it is a good idea. I think people should list any spare or used (but didn't like the tone as long as the tubes are still functional, etc.) tubes (mainly preamp, but I guess other tubes could work as well) that they have that they might want to swap for someone elses, in order to try new brands and find the tone we are all looking for in our heads. I know I have a couple of tubes laying around that didn't "do-it" for me and maybe they could work for someone else and it would save the hassle of trying to ebay them, etc. I guess the tubes could be for sale too, but I wasn't looking to have a thread that could just be in classifieds.

POST YOUR TRADE (or sell) LISTS as well as your want list:
    I'll start:

Currently I have a NOS Jan Philips 5751 and a Groove Tubes 12AX7(GTE CC83) that I would love to trade for maybe the following:

GE 5 star 5751
    JJ/Tesla 12AX7
    Ei 12AX7
    maybe another 12AX7?

2. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    I have some odd ECC83's (12whatsits) that I might swap with UK based TBers. Sorry KB that does not help you much but it is a great idea.

3. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    anyone else?