1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tube works blue tube problem

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jchrisk1, Dec 9, 2017.

1. jchrisk1

jchrisk1 Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Northern MI
    I got my pedal out a while back and discovered it wasn't working correctly. I've had it a year or so and only used it for a few months without any problems. Since then it's been sitting on a shelf untouched. When I got it out to play with it, the volume was very low. Even pegged it is fairly quiet. Not really sure what has happened here. I tried a different tube with the same results. Any idea of what the problem may be? I don't even know if it can be repaired with all of the goop on the circuit board.

2. Try different cables?
    Does it have external power supply? Is the voltage still correct?
    Does it run on batteries? Put new batts in?

3. jchrisk1

jchrisk1 Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Northern MI
    Cables are good, and it runs on a 120v cord that is attached. Not sure if the voltage is correct as I don't know where to measure it, or, what it should read. The entire board is gooped with epoxy. I,ve just talked with a friend who builds pedals. He's going to take a look at it. Maybe he will find the problem.

4. That would be an internal power supply, so please disregard my suggestion.

5. Dave Neal

Dave Neal

Aug 22, 2015
    Sounds like you have a bad cap somewhere .. easy fix if it is.