Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TUBE ZIPPER!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dadodetres, Jun 20, 2005.

1. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    hey! i just gopt a tube zipper! yeps!!!

i readed wonderfull things about it, in the store i mess around a little and hear some great sounds..... but today i mess in my house and had a a real hard time with it....

it seems that im making it saturate even without distortion and with very little input.......

so, can someone here give me some tips and advices (or possible settings) for using the Tzipper with bass???

like for exaple it works best with a compressor before or after it, some eq, active/passive basses, etc

thancks!!!

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Personally I found it worked best when off and on display, looks far nicer than it sounded especially for me.

Sorry for the non contructive answer but all I got it to do was occilate.

It seems to work fine with both active and passive bass so don't wory about that.

3. I noticed the same yesterday, as I tried it out in a cool music store I went to. I played it with a Music Man Stringray through a SVT2Pro, and the signal was distorted even when having this drive knob at 0.
    I think it's a wonderful effect and I wanted to get such a Tube Zipper one day, but I'm a bit scared about this and because it sucked away the low end totally.

4. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    some more questions....

with the FREQ knob i control from were the peak starts and where it ends, but how i control hiw fare does it goes? with the resonance? or the resonance is the Q of the peak?

also, where i can find from what freq to what freq does the frequency control goes?

thancks!

5. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    anyone?