1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tubes Problem with my Demeter VTBP201

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bellbass, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Bellbass

Bellbass Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Hey guys! I'm wondering if any of you have had the same kind of problems I've had with my VTBP201: In the last 6 months I've changed tubes three times because, after a while, they crackled and popped (only gigged a few times and a handful of rehearsals). The preamp is in a shockmount rack and I try not to sit the rack on top of my cab when I crank the volume but it's not always possible (I think that may be the cause of the problem although I thought a bass preamp would tolerate such a treatment... :meh:).

Thanks in advance
    Charles
    P.S.: I know the thing to do would be to send the unit to Demeter but I'm in Canada and it's always lots of trouble to cross the border with that kind of stuff...

2. The problem is probably NOT the tubes. Your need to get your preamp to a tech.

3. Bellbass

Bellbass Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Thanks for the comment. I called a tech and he suggested that the problem would be the tubes...I'm gotta bring him the unit next week anyway but I wanted to know if it was a known problem with the Demeter.

4. Jim Dombrowski

Jim Dombrowski Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Colorado Springs, CO
    If it was a known problem with Demeter, they wouldn't have the stellar reputation they've earned over the years.