Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tuesday i am gone

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Sep 3, 2004.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I will be able to stop in here and their but not as much as i have been able to with my current situation. I will be starting my Noviciate year of Religous formation in the Washington DC area so it is back to Full Time Religous Life.This year i will prepare for my Vows of Poverty, Chastity , Obediance . This is pretty big step for my preperation for Roman Catholic Priesthood.This will be a very prayerfull year almost like a year long retreat aimed at working on the inner spiritual life of ones vocation so i decided i will not take my Metallica records in order to stay focused on prayer and scripture study, the bass is comming got to maintain my art. I ask for your prayers in support of my Religous Vocation. + Your Brother in Christ, Kevin.

2. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    I understand the chastity and obediance part, but a vow of poverty? I know this doesn't me you have to be poor, but what does it mean?

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Friday I'm in love.

brad cook

4. MAJOR METAL

To help live a simpler life .

5. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    So it's like a vow of humility?

6. bassjamn

bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    Good Luck Major.

Dont forget your sadowsky to keep them chops in order :bassist:

7. MAJOR METAL

Internal External in a sense ,yes.

8. Better said then done.

Kevin, I have the highest respect for you. I have the highest respect for ANYONE that chooses to give everything (or ALMOST everything...) to live a life devoted to religion. It must be hard. But I think you will make an excellent clergyman (I was going to use the expression 'Helluva", but that would be in bad taste. :p)

You have helped me so much man. I owe you so much. To explain my first thought above, it'll be hard. I think it's harder to live a life with nothing then to live a life with something.

I'm going to miss you so much. I hope the year will be enlighting towards you, and help you get to what you want.

On a weird co-wink-ee-dink, I start my first day of high school on tuesday. Talk about new beginnings huh? Keep in touch Kevin. I take it you know my new email address, so if you ever want to talk, just email me. I'll be more then happy to talk :).

9. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central

10. mmmmmmmmm........can I have your Sadowski? can I, can I, can I? :D

Seriously, I find it strange that one has to isolate himself from God's blessings in order to serve Him. But that's just me. Good luck with your chosen vocation, I hope it all works out as you expect it to. :)

11. good luck major,

especially good luck with the vows, as my priest said when explaining the vows (and to help us remember for the test) you've got "no money, no honey, and you've got a boss!"
    yes, we have a cool priest!

12. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Best wishes and prayers, Kevin.

13. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Bless you brother! That's cool that one of our own is becomming one of God's servants....Good luck with your studies!!! :bassist:

14. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Dude, you've got balls.

15. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    they gonna let you in with all them tatoos???

16. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    good luck Kevin.

While I'm not religious in the slightest, I have respect for those who feel it as their calling and undertake all the hard work necessary for them to realize that.

17. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA

Good luck Kevin. You'll definitely have an opportunity for spiritual growth. And also, recognizing that the Catholic Church is a pretty political institution, you will probably have the opportunity to exercise some positive influence in that regard, should you choose to do so. If you do, may the Lord guide you (as distinct from "people"). :)

18. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Best Wishes Major!

19. Good luck! The question on everyone's mind is, what about the basses?

20. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Nope, because the rest of us read the whole thing. ;)