Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tuki covers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cubeenz, Sep 18, 2001.

1. Does anybody have experience with Tuki amp covers? I want to buy one for my Ampeg 410. I need it for carrying my cab in and out of the weather. Are these covers good? I plan on buying the half inch padded one. Are there any other brands worth checking out?

2. LowRanger

LowRanger

Dec 24, 2000
    I don't know about Tuki covers, but I bought the padded covers for an Ampeg SVT410HLF and PR410HLF from LeCover, and they're perfect. Super-thick padding, excellent fit, and durable as all get out.

If I remember correctly, I bought a cover for an Eden D410XLT directly from Eden, but the label on the inside of the cover said LeCover. They make them for Eden.

My covers take a beating, but look brand-new. Thankfully, so do the cabs!

happy hunting!

3. PJR

PJR

Jun 20, 2001
    N.E. PA
    ....or check out Cloud9 covers......

-P

4. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    The factory covers for my Epifani cabs are Tukis. I'm not sure how thick the padding is (doesn't seem like 1/2" but might be).

What I like is they fit snugly and have a velcro strap that runs around the (open) bottom so the cover can't come off if you slide the cab on it's side. It's also rigid enough that after you remove the cover you can flip it over and toss stuff into it (like the bag I carry my amp head in, your jacket, bass gig bag, etc.).

They weren't any more expensive than the much thinner, unpadded SWR covers I own.

5. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Another vote for LeCover, I have them for all my Ampeg gear! Good stuff, Good price!

6. I have Tuki covers on three of my amps and I really like them. I got a heavily padded one for my Ampeg B-100R and it has done a real good job protecting it. I'd say go for it.

7. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    I've got Tuki's on my two cabs -- bought them as soon as I bought the cabs.

They're nice -- not cheap, but very durable.

They offer a lot of different styles (materials, padding, etc.) and delivery is pretty good.

Nice guys to deal with.

No offense to LeCover -- as they make a fine product too, I'm sure -- but when compared, I found Tuki to have a better selection of styles and seemed to have more amp and cab designs in their product line.

8. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I have (and have had) Tuki covers for my tweed guitar combo amps (one that I still own, and others that I have sold). The Tuki covers provided great protection for my amps, and that's why I was/am a repeat customer. I highly recommend Tuki...

9. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Dude! I checked your profile. Same rig as me!

Sweet.

10. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I need to update my profile :oops: . I sold the 1x15, and now I use one or two 2x10's (depending on the size of the gig). The T-Max definitely rocks!

11. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Two 2X10s and the T-Max -- I think that's Gard's setup.