1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

* * TULSA BOUND / seeking creative work in television & video * *

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Low84, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Low84

Low84 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Greetings, fellow TB'ers!

I am relocating to Tulsa, Oklahoma from Charlotte, North Carolina in the near future and am looking to continue my career in creative television and video.

With more than 12 years in the industry, my experience has chiefly been in network sports (ESPN, Fox, NBC, Speed, NASCAR) and finance (Bank of America). With an open mind, I simply wish to align myself with a fun, rock-solid team I can learn from while applying my own ideas. In addition to production companies, I am targeting advertising agencies and marketing companies.

Me -- college graduate, talented, team player, self-starter and outstanding listener who knows how to achieve impactful results under deadline. I have several years of remote and studio television experience. Working directly with clients is a routine occurrence for me. Eager to learn new methods and expand upon my skill set, I am ready to jump in and contribute with a new team today!

Hoping my fellow bassists with connections in Tulsa might be able to lend a hand and provide a contact I can follow up with. It's a small world and all I need is one door I can open up and walk through!

Many thanks, folks. Feel free to private message me if you should have any ideas or suggestions!

Your help is much appreciated. All the best to everyone!

2. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

Feb 19, 2006
    west suburban boston
    Living on Tulsa time.

3. ShoeManiac

ShoeManiac Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2006
    New Jersey
    If you've got that sort of television experience, you should certainly check out Level 3 / VYVX who have a significant portion of their operation based in Tulsa. Their business is sizable enough that you could probably approach them cold. Plus, if you've been working remote sports productions, no doubt some of your previous work contacts have also done business with them as well. So try mining some of your existing tv business network, and you could probably get a more substantive referral than you could here at TBOT.

4. Low84

Low84 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2014
    thanks for the input! very much appreciated!

yes, i've reached out to Level 3/VYVX a few times but haven't been able to break through just yet. not giving up on that avenue as it sounds like a company i'd like to align myself with!

cheers, folks!

5. ShoeManiac

ShoeManiac Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2006
    New Jersey
    Level 3/VYVX is definitely a major player in television transmission networks. But be aware that there are other networks like The Switch, LTN, Azzuro and others that are positioning themselves to be a major threat to a business that Level 3/VYVX has dominated for a long time. Knowing that going into an interview with Level 3/VYVX would serve you very well.

6. Low84

Low84 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2014
    great to know, ShoeManiac! big thanks!