1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tulsa Time- Don Williams

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by BayStateBass, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Did a google search, searched this forum, no results.

Looking for an accurate bass tab for Don Williams' "Tulsa Time" (E).

I have the basic line down which is very easy but there's a little more going on than what I have, I think. I could use some help.

Thanks!

2. ransombass

ransombass

Dec 16, 2008
    Tulsa, Ok
    I thought we were the only ones who played Tulsa Time! I play that tune with every band that I play with. I don't have an accurate tab for it though. It seems like I was born already knowing how to play it. I'll look around and see what I can find though.

EDIT: This is pretty much how I play it with a more laid back Tulsa feel to it. Also we play it in the key of E.

http://www.songsterr.com/a/wsa/eric-clapton-tulsa-time-bass-tab-s3802t2

3. jarrydee

jarrydee

Oct 22, 2011
    Michigan
    never herd this before..thanks, I like it...only like 3 notes to the whole song though, do you really need tab

4. Not really, but I've been watching YT videos and trying to listen. I've got the basic down but I'm missing some things. The bassist in the vids I've watched are doing way more than what I am.

I'm just trying to be accurate because I've never played Country before this band and Tulsa Time is the singer's "favorite" (he also plays the guitar).

I rehearsed it using Eric Clapton's cover but it's in a different key and has a way different blues feel to it. This band does the Don Williams version.

From what I can tell it's basically two chords, E and B7

Basically what I have for the main song is

(E pattern)

G

D 2-2-2---0-1-2---2-2-2----0-1-2

A -----2------------------2

E

(B7 Pattern)

Same as above on A and E strings.

I have the intro down no problem.

Any help, suggestions are appreciated!

5. sedan_dad

sedan_dad Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    Here's a nice version.

Just make it groove and stay off the back beat.