tunable notch filter with variable Q + HPF?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by craigie, Aug 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. craigie

craigie

Nov 11, 2015
    calgary
    After a recent experience at a hall with a resonant frequency which doubled my volume near B/C, I've thought about getting a pedal with a variable notch filter to hunt down the offending frequency. A variable Q seems useful and of course attenuation level of the filter. Seems I don't encounter this situation enough to really worry about it or make too much of an investment. Too bad I got rid of the beringer DEQ I had....

While I'm at it may as well have a variable HPF thrown in.

Anybody know of an analog pedal or circuit plan with this functionality?

2. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
    Tech 21 Q Strip? Not exactly what you're asking for but should do the trick

3. craigie

craigie

Nov 11, 2015
    calgary
    Thanks. Looks interesting but only the mids are parametric. I already have a four band parametric EQ on my RH450. What I found by looking up the frequency of each knob is the bass one with the shift control tuned as low as can go gets down to around a C if I remember correctly. So maybe low enough in some cases to affect the fundamental of a problem note. Haven't had a chance to try that yet though. A tunable HPF would also be desirable.

4. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  5. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    PZ-Pre™ Acoustic Instrument Preamp

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021