Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tune Bass Guitars...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by deathbloomslife, Aug 29, 2005.

1. ... Since playing an Ibanez SR506 today, at a local music shop, I've been thinking about actually getting into the six-string scene. I really like having that low B so I can play my heavy music, but at the same time, I like to play rather "chorus-y" type stuff on the "DGC" strings too. So, I guess this is a good way to go. (Not to mention I love love love heavy basses with big necks!) So, I was wandering Sam Ash's website, and found a rather limited 6 string collection of basses. I ran across a builder's name which is virgin to my ears. The basses are from "Tune" and look really aggressive and modern.

I see the price tag of the TWB63 is only $700... really close to a 6 string SR, or BTB of Ibanez brand.

Has anyone had any experience with these basses, 4, 5, or 6 string???

Has anyone else even heard of Tune before???

~Ryan

PS, yes, I searched, guess what type of stuff came up... "...Tuning my bass..." thats all I found.

http://www.tuneguitars.com

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Tune basses used to be expensive boutique basses from Japan. Now I guess they've come out with a budget line. Haven't played one yet. Les Claypool is probably the most prominent user, having used one to record most of Primus' Sailing The Seas Of Cheese while waiting for his 6-string Thompson.

3. the ones at guitar center are new Korean made Tune
    try to find used Japanese Tune if you can (Korean made tunes are still great basses but the original Japanese one were better)

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany