Tune Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TampaBlues, Nov 21, 2004.

1. TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    I put this Tune Bass on layaway at Sam ash today. It played and sounded awesome, I was hooked immediately.

Its a Tune TWB53.

Anyone have any experience with Tune Basses. Give me the good and the bad. :cool:
  2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I'm curious about these basses as well. I know they are not the Japanese models but they should be built pretty good. Let us know how it plays on a gig.
  3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Yeah, keep us posted on it.

Definitely have a different body shape to em. Reminds me of something else that I can't think of right now :confused:
  4. thelastofus

thelastofus Guest

Jul 3, 2002
    Bakersfield, Ca
    those basses are awesome! i love em, i have really bad GAS for a fretless five. it's killin me.
  5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    FBass? I can see the resemblance.

Well, here's the good -- it looks stupendous.

Here's the bad -- I haven't played one! :crying:
  6. Rapscallion2112

Apr 21, 2004

claypool's first fretless sixer?

ya, bad joke

but ya, i'd like to hear what you think of it, i've looked into them...but never played one.
  7. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    I don't get it.... what did his first fretless six look like?
  8. My friend has a Tune 5 string, not sure what model, but it was about $500. Very nice bass, I dig the body shape too. It's kind of odd, but not too odd.
  9. teacherguy

Feb 21, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    I just returned from Sam Ash earlier today and I went there specifically to try out these basses.
    I remember them their first time around out of Japan and if I've been reading these posts correctly, this new line of basses out of Korea is a different company (right?).
    I got to try out the four, five and six string! With the exception of the sixer being set-up poorly (no, really), I thought they all played remarkably well for the money!! Very sleek looks and good variety of tones.
    I did not like the cheap gold hardware but...
    If I was in the market for a new bass, I'd snatch one up in a heartbeat (the four string 'cause that's all I can handle).

10. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    I picked up on two weeks ago and I love it. Nice bang for the buck. It has a variety of sounds and it plays sweet. I like wide spacing and this one has it. I traded in my Brice 6 for it because I liked this one a lot better. The bass feels like it costs a lot more than what I paid. It is made in Korea and the overseas basses are getting a lot better.

11. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Hey, nice setup! I have the same exact speaker configuration!!
  12. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    Yeah I saw when you posted yours. You got it 3 weeks before mine. I love it though. The 12 has added a lot of bottom to my sound. The Tune sounds real good through my rig. If I need a little bottom I just turn up my bass knob just a hair and instant booty!!!! :D :D
  13. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    US Masters? It's vaguely similar. Those basses look nice!
  14. bbh03

bbh03 Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2005
    I picked up this one last month. I love it! Model TBJ52.

Attached Files:

15. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    err ... Warwick Dolphin .. or Katana? :p
  16. TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    Here are some actual pics of my Bass.
  17. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
  18. Tune basses are now made in South Korea. I've stopped by at their booth, there was a nice looking chambered 6 string fretless. Unfortunately they didn't have any amp to try them out.
  19. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Do they have a website?
  20. warnan

Mar 1, 2004