Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tune Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by NYBassMan, Nov 13, 2005.

1. NYBassMan

NYBassMan

Oct 19, 2003
    East Meadow, NY
    Does anybody have any opinions on tune basses....the 6 string specifically.

tony

2. teacherguy

teacherguy

Feb 21, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    Do a search on Tune basses and you'll find several threads. You'll probably find what you're looking for about the 6.
    I like them except for the cheezy gold hardware.

Jon

3. warnan

warnan

Mar 1, 2004
    Shanghai,China
    i own a twb63 fm mik, sounds great. best 6string for the money.
    CEO Mr.Choi is a very nice guy. custom service is very good.

4. dooft11

dooft11 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    I had heard that the japan high end version is good and expensive, but the Korean version being sell on Musicianfriends(?) which i dont know.. for sure they will cut cost on the pickup part.

5. warnan

warnan

Mar 1, 2004
    Shanghai,China
    as far as i know the parts of the tune bass mij early models and mik are all the same except tuners.

if u got a tune guitar technology mij u will find the preamp r made by wscmusic.

6. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    NOT correct.

f

7. warnan

warnan

Mar 1, 2004
    Shanghai,China
    this is email i got from tune mik
    ''1. We have the right and registered for sailing TUNE BASS to Whole of the world (Europe, America, Korea and China) except for 'Japan'.
    'Kanda' has the right for sailing just in Japan only, and they are not able to export their Tune made in Japan to other country.
    2. Since the Tune Japan has bankrupted, Mr. Hatsan made over the right and whole of Tune drawing to WSC, we became a new owner of Tune Bass 7 years ago.
    3. Tune Bass guitar parts was made by WSC for 15 years except for 'Head Machine', there is no problem to change the origins in country.
    4. Now the Tune Bass is made in Samick Korea with WSC parts, inspected by WSC.
    First one is our president Mr.Choi with Mr.Hatsun who made over all the rights to WSC, in last Namm show.
    ''

8. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    OTOH, the Tune Japan site has the following:
    So, my question is, if J Tune sold its rights to K Tune, why the disclaimer? As well as the "beware of imitation" warnings at various places on the site?

Fred, do you know something that you're not telling?

9. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Original, Japanese Tune is not the same as the MIK Tune.
    I don't know the entire story behind it, but I'm sure of this.

10. truckin88

truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    he was also the guy that designed the original TBC preamp, in the TBC MM USA made clones in the 90's early 2000's

11. pilotjones

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    warnan, do you have a URL for Tune Korea? I can't seem to find it. I found a link to tunebass.com, but the domain is not active.

12. pilotjones

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
  13. andylaw8

andylaw8

Mar 7, 2007
    I own a couple of the original Tune basses from Japan and a Korean made TWX5. Wow the Japanese models are outstanding boutique quality basses. Ebony fretboard, schaller tuners, inset bridge. The Korean bass is a lower quality instrument that does not sound as good, but still avery good bass for the money - very playable and decent sound.
    I spoke to them (Tune Korea) at the NAMM show about being a distributor for them in St. Louis. But right now they are just selling online and through Musician's Friend. Hope this helps some. andy