Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tune basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Peter_00, May 8, 2003.

1. I recently played a tune STB (very nice) and then found a tune "wood bass" for sale, has any one had an experiences with these? It sure looks pretty nice anyway

2. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    What's going on with the strings? Rainbow tapewounds?

3. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    no thats from the reflection. ive never played a tune but theyre pretty nice from what ive heard of them.

4. I had a Tune Kingbass 5 -- very similar in shape to the one you've posted -- and loved it.

It had the best onboard preamp and pickups I've ever heard, and I've played lots'a fancy basses!

I traded it away due to sheer stupidity . . .

5. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Actually, they may be nylon strings. I've seen very colorful nylons like that (on a guitarron).

My first guess though was an image compression artifact.

6. Now that I think of it, Claypool had a 6 string Tune bass before He got his CT's. One hell of an upgrade though. One day I may be able to afford a DHuff bass.(If I don't make another stupid comment[wait, was that one?]):confused:

:D

7. superphat

superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    i have a tune sjx-5 bass. it's an awesome bass that i'll never part with. one of the best japanese bass builders ever, IMO.
    i bought mine when i was in japan, but i wish they had some kind of distribution here in the US.

8. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
  9. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    I have a Tune TWX-5. Great bass! Incredibly fast neck, and I agree with Jordan about the pickups and preamp - they sound great. Very clean and articulate sound. I'm thinking about selling it, though, just because its sound doesn't fit with my current band very well.
    [​IMG]

10. Hey, Oddentity, please give me a chance to offer you trades if you decide to get rid of your Tune. I've always regretted selling mine. . .

11. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    Sure thing, Jordan - you going to the Philly guitar show in June?