1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Tune Technologies TWB5-FM "Minty" and only 8.2lb

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by xhawk5, Apr 12, 2015.

1. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Price:
    $550
    Strings:
    Here is a nice, classy-looking bass. It has a unique body style and somewhat "Classy" looking imo. VERY lightweight and sounds great! Just for these reasons, I probably shouldn't sell it. When I need a bass for a church or wedding gig, this is my go-to bass. Has the "IT" factor.
    Either way, it's cool bass, GREAT Playability and Tone is excellent! A highly underrated builder/Mfg.

Just LOOK at that Flamed Maple top!! Oiled regularly and well taken care of. THE most classy FM top I've ever owned.

This bass has had a recent pro setup with D'Addario .45-.130 EXL Nickel strings. Super low action with 3 band Bass, Middle, Treble tone controls like most. Very flexible tone options. Great preamp!, has separate gains for each pickup and a mid.

Pickups and preamp sound ALOT like Barts (to my ears). Plenty of tonal options.

Check the links. Turn up the bass!
    YouTube 1
    YouTube 2
    YouTube 3
    Tune Site

FYI, these are a few very nice examples of Tune Basses and their tone in 3 different settings, all basses have slightly different options.

Like I said, this bass is priced to sell and will remain as such. Don't wait, it could be gone tomorrow. (I generally sell quick, as my stuff is always in great condition, Pro set-up to PLAY!, and priced just right.) You won't be disappointed folks!

Priced to sell at only $550 shipped in a nice Peavey gig-bag. Con US only.

Specs:
    • MODEL NAME : TUNE TWB5-FM
    • FINISH : CLASSIC HARD-RUBBED OIL FINISH
    • BODY : MAHOGANY BODY WITH A PERFECT FLAMED MAPLE TOP
    • NECK : BOLT-ON 3 PIECE LAMINATE HARD MAPLE
    • FRETBOARD : ROSEWOOD
    • NUMBER OF FRETS : 24
    • SCALE LENGTH : 34"
    • HARDWARE : GOLD
    • STRING NUT : BRASS
    • TUNING MACHINES : TUNE - DIE-CAST DELUXE
    • WEIGHT: 8.2 LBS. (VERY LIGHTWEIGHT!!)
    • STRING SPACING: .708" (18mm)
    • NICE, FLAT NECK PROFILE, SIMILAR TO IBANEZ AND CARVIN
    • 3 band eq,
      NECK and BRIDGE PICKUPS HAVE AN INPUT GAIN ADJUST: 0.1dB <-> -20dB
    • ALSO THE MID CONTROL HAS A MID LEVEL NOTCH FILTER ADJUST: -20dB & 840Hz
    Thanks, here are some pics:

IMG_2531.JPG IMG_2529.JPG IMG_2530.JPG IMG_2532.JPG IMG_2534.JPG
    https://static.talkbass.com/data/at.../1557817_dcefa5ef084fcb5f82b275e26e60f96e.pdf

NECK and BRIDGE P/U INPUT GAIN ADJUST: 0.1dB <-> -20dB
    WITH a MID LEVEL NOTCH FILTER ADJUST: -20dB & 840Hz

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
    Orange Caesar likes this.
  2. Jimmythebass

Jimmythebass Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2011
    These basses certainly don't get the attention they deserve. I have two of these, an f-hole fretless and a mahogony topped , both 4 string models.The action, balance, and overall feel is far superior than the norm. I paid $650 from a pawn shop so its a good price as well!

xhawk5 likes this.
  3. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Thanks Jimmy. I agree, this is a great price for the bass. The condition is as minty as a used bass can be, is also a big bonus. Personally, I'd rather sell my Warmoth Deluxe 5er, as I prefer the thin neck and lightweight of the Tune, but no one pays much for Warmoth on this site. :banghead:

4. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Bump... added more info to OP.

5. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Sale Pending...

6. Orange Caesar

Orange Caesar