Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tune we recorded with my Dano

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by byrdsfan, Apr 17, 2004.

1. byrdsfan

byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    L.I.
    I've mentioned my Dano DC here a few times and here's a track my little group - Grey Matter - recorded with it. As i've stated before, I'm just getting back into playing after a very long layoff. This was done about a month after I bought the bass. The song doesn't feature it much. I had to turn the treble all the way down because there was too much string noise on the quiet passages. We have another song that has more of the Dano twang but this is the one that's "up" now. It was done for a Gene Clark fan club tribute.
    http://members.aol.com/byrdsfan1/gypsyrider.mp3

2. Good to hear you're getting back to it! Your playing fits well into the song.

3. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Very nice. Love the dano tone. I use my Hodad as my picking bass for faster punk type music. However it sounds good in almost all applications (though I don't prefer the string spacing for finger style).

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I really want a dano guitar and bass. They are great instruments.

5. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    Are you talking about Danelectro?? because all I've heard of are Fendies and Specties:D

6. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    WOW......great song......I hear a hint of Chris Issak in there......any of you Grey Matters listen to Chris Issak?

7. byrdsfan

byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    L.I.
    Oh i have Chris Issak CDs and have seen him in concert. It's not far from the sound we're trying to get. A little more Byrdsy, maybe.
    I think the lead singer did Issak's stuff in his coffee house days.
    What, you thought i was the singer?
    :D

8. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    I guess I will never know.

9. Danelectro was my impression. And I want one. Methinks Limo is pulling our leg though :p.

10. byrdsfan

byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    L.I.
    I'm saving up to get a Fendie. :D

11. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    NO, I knew you were not singing. I just thought the guitar work, song structure and the vocals sounded similar to Chris Issak's stuff. It sounds good man,,, ESPECIALLY THE BASS.....is that what you wanted to hear???? LOL